Identify&Invest in Startup (Lifestyle Industry)
- Degree with 4-6 years of relevant experiences
About The Mills & The Mills Fabrica
The Mills is a landmark heritage and innovation project by the Nan Fung Group consisting of 3 pillars- a nonprofit Center for Heritage, Arts & Textiles (CHAT), an experiential retail mall Shopfloor and an innovation center Fabrica.
The Mills Fabrica runs a startup incubator, a VC investment fund, a co-working space/ lab and store. The focus area for Fabrica is “techstyle”- companies at the intersection of technology and style (improving the production process/supply chain, wearables/apparel and new forms of retail model). The Mills Fabrica’s mission is to create startup success stories and to build a wider community of corporates and organizations to inspire the industry and the next generation for innovation.
About the Role
The Mills Fabrica is now looking to hire an investment manager/ lead to help lead Fabrica’s investment team; the team focuses mainly on identifying and investing in startups (with focus on Seed to Series B deals globally in apparel/ textiles and agri/ food tech space). Some of the key responsibilities of the role:
- Leading on deal sourcing: Lead on sourcing of new investment opportunities through fostering new partnerships with other VC investors, industry landscape research/ cold outreach and other channels
- Leading on market research/ thesis mapping: Lead research to understand latest innovations and technologies in different sectors and sub-sectors, mapping out key startups/ players and identifying potential investment thesis and opportunities
- Leading on investment due diligence, fund due diligence & deal execution: Lead investment due diligence on deal opportunities including market/ competitive analysis, financial modelling/ analysis, consumer analysis, exit analysis, value creation plans as well as on fund investment opportunities and coordinating on deal execution including legal DD and negotiating/ executing of deal terms
- Leading on portfolio monitoring/ support: Helping to work with our Incubation/ Portfolio Lead to monitor existing portfolio companies including both financial reporting as well as ESG/ impact assessment/ measurement. Also actively support portfolio be it through market/ strategy research or helping to facilitate connections to industry
- Supporting on thought leadership/ content generation: Research and content generation on key industry topics/ trends to help with Fabrica’s thought leadership work
- Supporting on Fabrica’s other marketing events and activities: Helping to support Fabrica’s marketing team on other marketing initiatives, programmes and events including webinars, workshops and other activities
- Supporting on training/ developing investment team: Training and developing team of investment analysts
Requirements of Role
- 4-6 years of working experiences either in venture capital/ private equity/ investment or management consulting or impact investment/ measurement space; preference for prior investment deal experience in apparel/ textiles and agri/ food tech space
- Strong passion for ESG investing as an asset class and interest in driving environmental/ social impact through investments; prior experience in impact investments/ measurement space would be a plus
- Strong interest in helping to identify and support innovators for sustainability in lifestyle industries like fashion and food
- Proficient in both written and spoken English/ Chinese
This is a unique opportunity to work on one of Hong Kong’s most prominent landmark heritage & innovation projects. Join us now to make a difference in Hong Kong’s exciting techstyle scene!
- Media profile about The Mills project: read more here
- Information about our incubation and examples of incubatees we work with: read more here
- Our thinking on sustainability: read more here
- Example of university programme we supported: read more here
- Student summer programme/ crowd funding we supported: read more here
- Example of past large-scale events we run: read more here
How to apply
- By e-mail: email@example.com
- By mail: The Human Resources Manager, Nan Fung Development Limited, 23/F., Nan Fung Tower, 88 Connaught Road C, Central, HK
Remarks: You are required to click on the link below and read our Personal Information Collection Statement Pertaining to Recruitment carefully before you submit your application: www.nanfung.com/en/pics/.