Manager / Assistant Manager – Incubation & Ecosystem
Lead strategy of & Implement Incubation Program
Support Incubatees & portfolio companies
Organize Fabrica’s ecosystem building initiatives
ABOUT THE MILLS & THE MILLS FABRICA
The Mills is a landmark revitalization project of Nan Fung’s old textile factories in Tsuen Wan in Hong Kong. This is a heritage and innovation project by the Nan Fung Group consisting of 3 pillars- a nonprofit Center for Heritage, Arts & Textiles (CHAT) focused on heritage & community, a retail mall Shopfloor focused on experiential & experimental retail and an innovation center Fabrica.
The Mills Fabrica is a go-to solutions platform accelerating techstyle (an intersection of technology and style – incl. fashion, textile, wearables and apparel) and agrifood tech innovations for sustainability and social impact. The Mills Fabrica runs a startup incubator, a VC investment fund and a co-working space/ lab/ store.
ABOUT THE INCUBATION & ECOSYSTEM ASSISTANT MANAGER / MANAGER:
The Mills Fabrica is now looking to hire an Incubation & Ecosystem Assistant Manager / Manager to strategize and implement Fabrica’s incubation program, ecosystem growth and cross-sector collaboration to realize sustainability goals. Some of the key focus of the role:
- Lead the strategy and implementation of Fabric’s incubation programme
- Support Fabrica’s incubatees and portfolio companies, including organizing activities, events, monitoring of portfolio companies and developing new initiatives to support startups community
- Organize Fabrica’s ecosystem building initiatives, lead Fabrica’s work in building and strengthening Hong Kong and Asia as a global startup, innovation and sustainability ecosystem, taking a lead role in organizing large conferences and summits in Hong Kong and Asia.
- Lead and develop partnership and network with HK and Asia ecosystem partners, build relationship with various ecosystem builders and establish deep partnerships and support networks
- Support on Fabrica’s marketing events and activities, programs and content especially when it involves ecosystem partners and networks
- University graduate majoring in Business / Economics / Social Sciences or other related disciplines is a plus
- 3-5 years of working experiences either in business (corporate / consulting roles), in startup space (startups, ecosystem builders, incubators) or in public / 3rd sector (government, foundations, social enterprises, NGOs focused on entrepreneurship)
- Preference for some experience in government related affairs
- Strong interest in helping to build and strengthen HK as a global startups hub, and in expanding footprint to Asia
- Proficient in both written and spoken English / Chinese
This is a unique opportunity to work on one of Hong Kong’s most prominent landmark heritage & innovation projects. Join us now to make a difference in Hong Kong’s exciting techstyle scene!
Additional Supporting Information
- Media profile about The Mills project: read more here
- Report about our focus area of “Techstyle” & key innovations in the scene: read more here
- Information about our portfolio companies: read more here
- Information about our incubation and examples of incubatees we work with: read more here
- Our thinking on sustainability: read more here
- Example of content we publish: read more here and here
How to apply
- By e-mail: email@example.com
- By mail: The Human Resources Manager, Nan Fung Development Limited, 23/F., Nan Fung Tower, 88 Connaught Road C, Central, HK
Remarks: You are required to click on the link below and read our Personal Information Collection Statement Pertaining to Recruitment carefully before you submit your application: www.nanfung.com/sc/pics/.