Assistant Manager – Structural Engineering
Ensure projects standards and safety
Structural checking and design recommendations
MHKIE / MIStructE with min. 4 yrs of exp.
This role will provide support to Deputy General Manager – Structural Engineering and Manager – Structural Engineering in dealing with structural and geotechnical project matters for the Project Department and to ensure the structural designs are structurally safe, economical, efficient in construction and comply with standards.
- Assist Deputy General Manager – Structural Engineering and Manager – Structural Engineering in performing the day-to-day works to ensure projects works are carried out in accordance to the required standards, schedule and requirement
- Carry out structural checking and provide recommendations on designs, drawings and calculations submitted by the consultants and ensure these designs are structurally safe, economical, efficient in buildability and comply with standards
- Examine submissions and structural plans prepared by the consultants to ensure these comply with the statutory requirements and standards
- Carry out regular and ad hoc site inspections to ensure the quality of works and site safety comply with the required standard and regulations and report non-conformities
- Monitor the construction and maintenance in the structural engineering aspect from initial planning to project completion and report if there is any non-conformity
- Prepare conceptual structural and geotechnical design for project planning, design drafting and tendering exercise
- Assist construction team on design aspects and provide design calculation with computer analyses as necessary
- Perform any ad hoc responsibilities as assigned by the management
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil/Structural Engineering (or related disciplines)
- Member of the Hong Kong Institute of Engineers (MHKIE) / Member of the Institution of Structural Engineers (MIStructE) (or related professional qualifications)
- Minimum 4 years of experience in structural engineering industry, with proficiency in ETABS, SAP, SAFE computer software and BIM application. Previous experience in medium to large scale A&A works and new development projects preferred
How to apply
- By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By mail: The Human Resources Manager, Nan Fung Development Limited, 23/F., Nan Fung Tower, 88 Connaught Road C, Central, HK
Remarks: You are required to click on the link below and read our Personal Information Collection Statement Pertaining to Recruitment carefully before you submit your application: www.nanfung.com/tc/pics/.