Personal Information Collection Statement
This Personal Information Collection Statement (“this Statement”) applies to the collection, use and handling of personal data by Nan Fung International Holdings Limited (“Nan Fung”), which is a member of the Nan Fung Group, and Nan Fung’s holding companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and associated companies from time to time (collectively, the “Group” or “Group Members”).
The Group Members may collect, use and handle personal data of customers, potential customers, users of features in our website(s) or our mobile application(s), registrants/members of our loyalty/membership/privilege programme, employees/officers/directors/staff/authorized persons of tenants in connection with services, products, facilities or privileges offered by the Group. These services, products, facilities or privileges may include the sale, purchase or leasing of property units and/or car parking spaces, the provision of mortgage loans, discounts, functions in our mobile application(s), features of our website(s), membership privileges, building access, tenancy management, offers, activities or events offered or procured by the Group.
This Statement applies to you because you are (i) interested in a feature of our website(s), (ii) interested in a feature of our mobile application(s) (iii) an applicant or a member of our loyalty/membership/privilege programme or (iv) interested in any privilege, benefit, facility, activity, service, goods, products or event offered or procured by the Group or (v) an employee, director, officer, staff or authorized person of a tenant using a feature of our mobile application(s) or website(s). This Statement applies to the personal data provided by or for you to the Group or any Group Member and other personal data compiled by any Group Member about you from time to time (including any of your personal data provided to the Group or any Group Member by our tenants) (collectively, “Your Personal Data”). This Statement sets out the purposes for which Your Personal Data may be used and other matters relating to the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, Cap. 486 of the Laws of Hong Kong.
The Group Member(s) need Your Personal Data for providing to you or arranging the relevant privilege, benefit, facility, activity, service, goods, product or event,. If you refuse to supply the necessary personal data, the Group Member(s) may be unable to serve you or to continue to serve you.
Use of Your Personal Data
- The Group Member(s) may use Your Personal Data for one or more of the following purposes from time to time:
- to process your application or request for any privilege, benefit, facility, activity, service, goods, product or event;
- to provide or arrange any privilege, benefit, facility, activity, service, goods, product or event to or for you, and handle the necessary arrangements and matters (including legal, administrative and other matters) for maintaining and managing such any privilege, benefit, facility, activity, service, goods, product or event, including the operation, maintenance and administration of your membership in or the processing of your exercise of any rights in our mobile application(s) or website(s);
- to verify your identity and accuracy of Your Personal Data;
- to verify your identity for your access into and exit from a building or parts of a building;
- to appraise and review your ability to perform your obligations;
- to calculate any amount payable by you or to you in connection with the relevant privilege, benefit, facility, activity, service, goods, product or event;
- to collect or recover any amount or indebtedness owing by you in any capacity;
- to enforce the terms of any contract or arrangement between you and any Group Member and to take suitable action to protect or preserve the rights or benefits of any Group Member;
- to communicate with you and for overall relationship management and maintenance;
- investigate, handle and respond to any comments, messages, requests, enquiries, complaints or incidents made by you, made against you or involving you in any manner;
- to design, arrange, provide or procure services, products, facilities, privileges, activities or events for you or for customers or tenants generally;
- to conduct survey, research and analysis to facilitate the provision of services, products, facilities, privileges, activities or events to you or to customers generally;
- to market and promote services, products and facilities of any Group Member or any business partner or selected company that has made any co-branding or cooperative arrangement with any Group Member (each, a “Group Partner”), please see further details in the “Use of Your Personal Data in Direct Marketing” section below;
- to comply with any obligations or requirements for using or disclosing personal data that are imposed on any Group Member by any law or regulations, or by any governmental agency, regulatory authority, law enforcement agency, court or judicial body, whether in or outside of Hong Kong existing currently or in the future;
- to comply with any policies and measures for using or disclosing personal data implemented by the Group for prevention or detection of money laundering, terrorist financing or other unlawful activities;
- to match or compare Your Personal Data held by any Group Member from time to time in order to or intending to produce or verify data which may be used for taking adverse action against you;
- (where any Group Member believes in good faith that use or disclosure of personal data is necessary) to protect the rights or properties of any Group Member, or to identify, contact or bring legal action against any person who may be causing damage to or interference with the rights or properties of any Group Member (whether intentionally or otherwise), or when any other person could be harmed by such activities;
- to enable actual or potential purchasers or assignees of any Group Member or its business and assets (or any part of them including any mortgage loans granted by the Group Member), in each case to evaluate the purchase or assignment in question; and
- to fulfill other purposes directly related to any of the above
Disclosure and Transfer of Your Personal Data
- The Group Members will keep Your Personal Data confidential but may disclose or transfer Your Personal Data to one or more of the following classes of persons or entities from time to time for the purposes set out in paragraph l above:
- any Group Member in connection with the provision of privilege, benefit, facility, activity, service, goods, product or event;
- any agents, sub-agents, suppliers, contractors, sub-contractors or service providers (including their employees, directors, officers, agents and service providers) who provide services or support to any Group Member in connection with our mobile application(s), our website(s), the development, investment, sale or marketing of properties or with its business or operations in general. These services or support may include sales and marketing, data storage, data processing, data mapping, administrative, telecommunications, computer services or other services or support in connection with our mobile application(s), our website(s), our loyalty/membership/privilege programme(s) or any privilege, benefit, facility, activity, service, goods, product or event offered or procured by us. These agents, sub-agents, suppliers, contractors, sub-contractors or service providers may or may not be Group Members;
- any person to whom any Group Member is under any obligation or requirement to disclose personal data in compliance with law, regulation or court order, or in response to lawful request by any governmental agency, regulatory authority, law enforcement agency, court or judicial body, or in case any Group Member believes in good faith that disclosure is necessary for (including but not limited to) protection of its rights or properties, or to identify, contact or bring legal action against any person who may be causing damage to or interference with its rights or properties (whether intentionally or otherwise), or when any other person could be harmed by such activities;
- any person to whom any Group Member is required to disclose personal data by any policies and measures implemented by the Group for prevention or detection of money laundering, terrorist financing or other unlawful activities;
- any person who owes a duty of confidentiality to any Group Member, including accountants, auditors, legal advisers and other professional advisers;
- any debt collection agency, where you default in paying any amount or indebtedness; and
- any actual or potential purchaser or assignee or successor of any Group Member or its business and assets (or any part of them).
- Your Personal Data may be transferred in or out of Hong Kong to any of the above-mentioned persons.
Use of Your Personal Data in Direct Marketing
- The Group intends to use Your Personal Data in direct marketing and the Group requires your consent for this purpose. Please note the following:
- Types of personal data to be used
The Group may use the following types of Your Personal Data that is held by the Group from time to time in direct marketing:
- your name, address, telephone number, email address and other contact information;
- your business information (e.g. company name, account activation date, email address, phone number and associated contact information)
- pattern and behaviour relating to your use, purchase or consumption of services, products and facilities (including services and products portfolio information and spending habits); and
- your demographic data.
- Classes of services, products and subjects to be marketed
The Group may market one or more of the following classes of services, products and subjects:
- real estate properties or property developments offered for sale and/or leasing by any Group Member singly or jointly with any other developer or person from time to time;
- mortgage loan and other credit facilities;
- goods and services, including but not limited to medical and pharmaceutical services and products, healthcare, fine dining, clothing and apparel, fashion and accessories, footwear, culture, lifestyle and leisure products, amenities and entertainment, travelling series, sports goods, toys and children goods, beauty and personal care, dental, groceries, supermarkets, delicatessen and convenient stores, books and magazines, home furnishing, electrical appliances, audio and video products, optical products, jewellery, watches and other luxurious goods;
- loyalty/membership/privilege programs, promotion events, mobile apps, games, workshops, promotions, discounts, activities, services, goods, memberships, rewards, environmental, social and governance initiatives, event ticketing services, food and beverage booking and takeaway services, parking promotions, e-shops, delivery services and other goods and services organized by any Group Members and/or Group Partners from time to time;
- hotel, conferencing facilities and services, restaurants, food and beverages, pharmaceutical services and products, amenities and entertainment; and
- life sciences, social cohesion initiatives, environment initiatives, wellness initiatives, innovation initiatives, technology initiatives, ESG initiatives, corporate social responsibility activities, charitable and non-profit making activities and related activities or events.
- Providers of services, products and subjects to be marketed
The above services, products and subjects may be provided by one or more of the following classes of persons:
- Group Members; and
- Group Partners (including but not limited to real estate developers, financial institutions, retail merchants, suppliers, service providers, charitable bodies, non-profit making organizations and other entities).
Data Access and Correction Requests and Choice relating to Direct Marketing
- You have the right to request for your access to and correction of Your Personal Data in accordance with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance of Hong Kong and other applicable laws. In response, you may be asked to provide certain details about yourself so as to enable us to ensure you are the person to whom the data refers. There will be a reasonable charge for a data access request or data correction request to reimburse for the relevant Group Member’s administrative costs and disbursements. You will be informed in advance of the charge.
- You have the right to withdraw or give consent for the Group’s use of Your Personal Data in direct marketing from time to time.
- Please send your data access and data correction requests or choice relating to direct marketing to the attention of “Privacy Data Officer” either by post (to 23rd Floor, Nan Fung Tower, 88 Connaught Road Central, Central, Hong Kong, or to 8F, Tower B, 100 Zunyi Road, Changning District, Shanghai, The People’s Republic of China if you are a natural person in the Mainland China under Article 3 of the Personal Information Protection Law of the People’s Republic of China) or by email (to DPO@nanfung.com).
In case of discrepancies between the English and Chinese versions of this Statement, the English version shall apply and prevail.
Changes to this Statement
- We may revise this Statement from time to time. All versions of this Statement are effective as of the date of the relevant version of this Statement. Our processing of personal data we collected about you will be governed by the most recent version of this Statement in force and effect.
This Statement was last updated in August 2023